—3-4 basil leaves
—2.5 oz. blanco tequila (Casamigos)
—1 oz. agave nectar
—1.5 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
—splash of soda
—lime wheel for garnish
—sugar or salt
—1 oz. marshmallow vodka
—1 oz. Richardo’s Decaf Coffee Liqueur
—1 oz. cream
—graham cracker crumbs
Dip the rim of a martini glass in a shallow dish of chocolate syrup and then in a dish of fine graham cracker crumbs. Combine marshmallow vodka, Richardo’s Decaf Coffee Liqueur and cream in a martini shaker with ice. Pour into glass and garnish with toasted marshmallows.
These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susie Scott was recently hired to be the restaurant manager of the Carillon in Austin, Texas.
1. What are you looking forward to in your new role as the restaurant manager of The Carillon?
—3 oz. bourbon, scotch or cognac
—2 tsp. confectioners’ sugar
—2 sprigs fresh mint —crushed ice to fill one widemouthed pint Mason jar or julep cup
—.75 oz. Monin cucumber syrup
—8-10 mint leaves
—1.5 oz. Hendrick’s gin
—.5 oz. St-Germain (elderflower liqueur)
—1 oz. lime juice
—splash Sierra Mist
—mint sprig and cucumber spear to garnish
1. Muddle mint and cucumber syrup.
2. Add gin, St-Germain and lime juice and shake with ice.
3. Pour into glass, and then top with a splash of Sierra Mist, mint sprig and cucumber spear.
—2 oz. whiskey
—.75 oz. milk jam (see below)
—.75 oz. half & half
—4 dashes bitters
1. Shake and strain into a rocks glass.
2. Garnish with grated cinnamon and a mint sprig.
MILK JAM INGREDIENTS:
—8 cups whole milk
—3 cups sugar
—1 tsp. baking soda
—1 tsp. kosher salt
— 2 oz. white chocolate syrup
— 4 oz. almond milk
— 4 oz. Oregon Chai
— 1 shot Chambord
1. Steam the first three ingredients together.
2. Pour into a mug or cup.
3. Add a raspberry twist by pouring in a shot of Chambord.
4. Top with whipped cream.
Courtesy of Rocky Mountain Espresso
- 1.5 oz. Pearl Cucumber Vodka
- .25 oz. house-made cucumber syrup*
- .5 oz. St. Germaine
- .5 oz. Bombay Sapphire gin
- 2 cucumber slices
1. Muddle the two slices of cucumber with the cucumber syrup.
2. Add all ingredientsto a cocktail mixer and shake.
3. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
4. Garnish with cucumber slice.
- 1 cup grated cucumber (or can be ground up in a blender)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oz. dark rum
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. apricot puree
- Ginger beer
- Dried apricot
1. Combine the first three ingredients.
2. Shake and strain over ice into a highball glass.
3. Fill the remainder of the glass with ginger beer and garnish with dried apricot.
Idea courtesy of Frost at The Sebastian - Vail
The Count, Courtesy of Kachina Southwestern Grill
1 oz. spiced gin
1 oz. Apero
1 oz. Vya sweet vermouth
Stir ingredients and serve in a lowball glassgarnished with an orange wedge and zest.