Colorado brings home its fair share of recognition
As travel comes returns in many parts of the world, Forbes Travel Guide unveiled its 2022 Star Award winners on April 26, 2022. The United States debuted 10 hotels, three restaurants and seven spas on the Five-Star list, while London claimed the title of the city with the most Five-Star hotels worldwide at 21 on the list. On the local level, six Colorado entities landed a Five-Star nod, while 12 received Four-Star recognition.
The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs is among an elite group of 12 properties from around the globe that are triple Five-Star winners for their hotel, restaurant and spa. In addition, The Broadmoor is the longest-running Five-Star hotel with 62 consecutive years.
“Travel is back, and as travelers look to make up for lost time with family and friends, they want memorable experiences,” says Hermann Elger, CEO of Forbes Travel Guide. “Through our exacting and independent evaluation process, these award-winning properties all have raised the guest experience bar with an emphasis on what matters most to today's luxury guest.”
Five-Stars in Colorado
Colorado Springs, Aspen and Telluride landed the highest honor in 2022.
- Hotels: The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, The Little Nell in Aspen and The Madeline in Telluride
- Restaurants: The Penrose Room at The Broadmoor
- Spas: The Spa at The Broadmoor and Remède Spa Aspen at The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Four-Stars in Colorado
The mountains of Colorado and Denver were well-represented on the 2022 Four-Star list, and Boulder made its mark as well.
- Hotels: Four Seasons Resort & Residences Vail, Hotel Jerome in Aspen, The St. Regis Aspen Resort, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, St Julien Hotel & Spa in Boulder, Four Seasons Hotel Denver, The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
- Restaurants: Element 47 in Aspen, Mirabelle in Beaver Creek
- Spas: Allegria Spa at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, The Spa at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Vail, The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Denver
Forbes Travel Guide also recommends places that don’t receive stars but are worthy of consideration. Colorado’s recommended entities include Edge Restaurant & Bar in Denver, Gateway Canyons Resort in Gateway, Gravity Haus Vail, The Inn at Lost Creek in Telluride, Jill’s Restaurant in Boulder, and The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch and its restaurant WYLD.