These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haley Stein was recently hired as the director of the Sherpa Experience Group in Chicago.
1. What are you looking forward to in your new role as the director of Sherpa Experience Group? Everything! I am coming into this venture at its inception and building something from the ground up. Being able to make decisions about the direction the company is going and how we are going to get there is what excites me the most.
2. How do you think your past industry experience has prepared you for this role? I have more than 15 years of experience in the industry so I have a wide array of history to choose from. That said, I think the experiences that didn’t go well are what prepared me most for this role; now I know what to look for in certain situations and can take steps to ensure that those things don’t happen again.
3. What goals do you have in mind for the company for this year and further down the line? Ultimately, a main goal for us is to establish repeat business. We firmly believe that this in an industry that is built on relationships, being able to not just bring in new clients but retain them.
4. How did you get into the industry? I actually chose this industry very early on. I majored in hotel, restaurant and tourism management in college and hit the ground running right away. I was looking for something that would allow me the opportunity to have different experiences on a daily basis, and I certainly think this industry provides that!
5. What do you enjoy most about Sherpa Experience Group? The team. We have a great group of people who believe in what we are doing and support each other through the process. It’s hard to find a group of people you trust so implicitly—I consider myself very lucky.